Rules of Conduct
On This Page:
• About E-mail Addresses and Privacy
• Expectations of Service
• Rules of Conduct
• Chat Code of Conduct
• Chat Rules
We hope that time spent in the ANZ Veeam User Group and website community will be useful and fun. To ensure that everyone has the best possible experience we've established a few guidelines. Please take a moment to read them, and thank you for participating in the Veeam User Group community.
About E-mail Addresses and Privacy:
Your email address used to register your membership at the Veeam User Group will not be shared with any third party or used in any advertising material.
The email address will simply be used to advise you of upcoming events in your region or for future newsletters.
Should you not wish to receive newsletters, please send an email to email@example.com
Expectations of Service
The User Group does not offer formal support for the communities you'll find here. Instead, our role is to provide an environment for people who want to take advantage of the User Group community to learn and network with other Veeam enthusiasts. The Veeam community is about end-user involvement.
Veeam User Group Leaders may monitor content to ensure the accuracy of information you'll find.
The community is about dialog and about knowledge sharing.
Veeam User Group is not … a free for all for resellers/consultants. a place where resellers/consultants promote their own business. (resllers/consultants can talk but they should talk about how a technology solves problems, not how much it is to buy the technology from them) a place for Veeam marketing to try and sell Veeam to attendees, rather its a place to try and educate folks. Let them realise they need Veeam ONE or upgrade to Enterprise Plus.
Rules of Conduct
The purpose of our communities is to exchange technical information and expertise about Veeam Software products. We expect everyone to conduct their conversations in a business-like manner and avoid personal attacks, slurs and profanity in any interaction.
Relevance to Topics:
Please make sure that your postings in newsgroups and chats are relevant to the subject at hand. It is normal for some topics to drift from the stated subject. However, to ensure maximum benefit for everyone, please keep your postings as close to the subject as possible.
These communities are created as a forum for providing peer-to-peer assistance related to using Veeam Software products and services. We ask that you refrain from posting unsolicited advertisements, as they do not pertain to the intended use and purpose of the newsgroup or chat.
Please keep in mind that your communities are public spaces – it would be unwise to post anything that you don't want the world to see. Credit card numbers, product keys and other confidential information, including anything covered under a software license or maintenance agreement, should not be posted to a newsgroup, chat or other community.
Chat Code of Conduct
As part of ANZ Veeam User Group’s commitment to make our community a great place to meet and interact with others around Australia and New Zealand, you agree to abide by our code of conduct. Your commitment to these guidelines in all of your community chats ensures a positive experience for all participants.
• Please treat all other participants with respect and do not use the ANZ Veeam User Group to threaten, harass, stalk or abuse other users.
• Do not use ANZ Veeam User Group services to spam others. Spam includes sending identical and irrelevant or unsolicited submissions to many different users, and includes misrepresenting the source of anything you post. Spamming and scrolling in chat rooms are serious violations of online etiquette.
• Veeam ANZ User Group does not allow behaviour or content related to illegal activities. You may not use ANZ Veeam User Group communities or chats to publish, post, distribute or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene or other unlawful material or discussion.
• You may not use Veeam ANZ User Group sites for the purpose of linking to external sites that violate this code of conduct.
• Do not post or promote any materials that could harm or disrupt another user's computer or would allow others to inappropriately access software or websites.
• In addition to upholding this code of conduct, you are responsible for adhering to all local and national laws that pertain to your location.
• You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own judgement when evaluating information provided through any communication service, and remember that the information provided could be from people at any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions is your own and you should perform your own research prior to making any decisions.
• You are responsible and liable for all your activities while participating in the Veeam ANZ User Group chats. Remember, you are responsible for anything you say or post.
• Veeam ANZ User Group reserves the right to ban any participant from the chat rooms who violates any of the rules above.
• Veeam ANZ User Group reserves the right to amend or change the Code of Conduct at any time without notice. You agree to periodically review this document to ensure you are doing your part.
• We caution you against giving out any personally identifiable information (such as social security number, credit card number, name, address, telephone number, driver's license number, passwords, etc.) online. This information can easily be used for illegal or harmful purposes.
Thanks for reading and following this Veeam ANZ User Group Code of Conduct. We reserve the right to amend or change the Code of Conduct at any time and encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure you are in compliance.